1. -With the help of that machine, we can do the work with __________money and __________people.
A. less; fewer B. fewer; less
C. fewer; fewer D. less; less
2. There are __________tall trees and two__________ old houses in that faraway village.
A. hundreds of; hundreds of
B. hundreds of; hundred
C. hundred; hundreds of
D. hundred; hundred
3. -The radio says it's going to snow tomorrow.
-Really? That will make our job __________ more difficult.
A. everB. evenC. manyD. some
4. -Your friends are all very nice.
-You're right. I choose my friends on how we__________.
A. get withB. get on
C. get inD. get up
5. -Julia, you look unhappy.__________
-I lost my English book yesterday.
A. Can you help me?B. What should I do?
C. Can I help you?D. What's wrong?
6. Alan's math is not very good. Maybe his parents should get him a __________.
A. student B. doctorC. tutorD. friend
7. -I called you at seven last night, but there was no reply.
-Oh, sorry. I __________ with my mother in the supermarket.
D. was shopping
8. Erin will go on a trip to France. Her flight __________ Paris will take off__________ Beijing International Airport.
A. from; toB. to; from
C. in; fromD. to; for
9. Don't be__________of difficulties. Try hard and you will get a(n)experience.
A. amazing; scared B. scared; amazing
C. happy; amazing D. scared; scared
10. The young woman __________the store and__________a green car.
A. went out; got into
B. came out of; went into
C. gets out of; went on
D. got out of; got into
11. -It's difficult to learn a foreign language well.
- __________ . I began to study English six years ago. But my English is very bad now.
A. I agreeB. I disagree
C. I don't think soD. I hope so
12. Lana's new pen was lost yesterday. And she asked me __________ she __________ mine.
A. why; could borrow B. if; could use
C. while; can borrowD. that; can use
13. My aunt told me__________ .
A. she will not have supper at home
B. he forgot to turn off the light in the bedroom
C. she is going to buy me a new coat
D. she would come back at six
14. -What will you do if you __________ ?
-Try harder and do better next time.
A. get a disappointing result
B. will get a good result
C. got a disappointing result
D. would get a good result
15. Last year I had a __________ time __________English. But I am very glad I got a good result in the end-of-year exam.
A. difficult; knowing B. happy; learning
C. hard; studyingD. great; following