Are you carrying too much on your back at school? You're not alone. Back experts(专家) in the USA are worried about that young students are having back and neck problems because they are carrying too much in their backpacks.
"It hurts my back when I run," said Ebelin Reyes, a student in Virginia. "It's hard to get up the stairs with my backpack because it's too heavy." Students have to carry heavy backpacks on their backs for a whole week's study. Ebelin is one of them. They have regular(固定的)backpacks with two straps(带子) to carry them, but a number of students with heavy loads(负担) have switched to rolling backpacks. The backpacks have wheels and can roll on the ground. Shirley Park's backpack weighs 10 kilos, and she said, "I'll change to a rolling backpack because I am starting to have back pain."
⑴ Lighten the load. Take home only the books the students need that day.
(2) Wide straps are better. They can send out weight over your shoulders(肩) and be sure to wear
backpacks with two straps.
(3) The heaviest things should be packed closest to the back.
(4) Bend(弯曲) both knees when you pick up the pack, don't just bend over the waist (腰).
1. The main idea of the passage is about _______.
A. the problems made by rolling backpacks
C. the best backpacks for students
D. how to lighten students' backpacks
2. From what Ebelin Reyes and Shirley Park said, we know______.
A. students like to carry heavy backpacks
B. students have to do a lot of homework
C. backpacks with wheels are bad for students
D. students have no time to play because of heavy backpacks
3. The underlined word "switch to" means______.